Monday, June 5, 2017

Market Maker Method

As mentioned in the previous post, the idea of stop hunting is pretty big to me now. I'm kinda moving towards the Market Maker Method. This past weekend saw me predict the huge jump on the AUD/USD from 0.739. Only problem is noob trader that I am put in a hedge order that somehow got triggered. I then put a limit on that at zero profit, waiting for the stop hunt, which didn't come. Then I saw a bounce off an EMA, and decided to put in two positions for up and down with a 1 pip limit, just to see if some quick money could be made. But the problem is that the stop hunt didn't come, and the long sustained run did. Again, noob trader that I was decided to wait for the second stop hunt before getting in again, which I did at $1 at 0.7449. Was up 5 pips and a stop hunt occurred again. Lost my nerve and closed out $0.50 at 0.7451 for a little profit. But now it's up to 0.747 and I'm like "shouldn't have hedged!!" But well, for trading to be sustainable, it means mistakes must be able to be made, and to be recovered from right?

So another really great indicator to look out for - ranging at 4hr-RSI30/70. Prime for a big move. Let's wait out for the next one :)

Yours,

X

No comments:

Post a Comment