Thursday, March 29, 2018

Bouncing off a falling wedge

So if you've been following my previous posts, I've taken 2 bad trades on my 2 trading strategies.

For the 50-pip strategy, I took a 100% loss. But because it hit the bottom of a falling wedge, I took an immediate contrarian long trade which closed today for a 50-pip profit. I'm now back to a 100% return on my 50-pip strategy. Perhaps I should just stick to bouncing off wedges as a strategy...

For my 10-pip strategy, I hit a 36% paper loss at the bottom of the falling wedge. I stayed in the trade and now it's only a 12% paper loss at 0.769 (with an earlier high at 0.7708). Gonna stick in the trade to see if it turns into a winning one at 0.773. My cut loss was abt 40 pips below the falling wedge. Perhaps that's how I should structure my stops... Worth a think. Trade safe.

Yours,

X

No comments:

Post a Comment