Thursday, August 2, 2018

42% returns in 1 day

So I started this free signals app. Tried it for a bit on my demo account. Wasn't very clinical about it, just trading generally in the signal directions, no real rules. Went from 35k to 42k and dropped all the way down to 25k. I was using money management, but this signals app had a RR of 25:18. Also not ideal, but I understood it, coming from my initial 2 pip strategy (higher probability of wins).

I then decided to tweak the system a little. Firstly, I trust the direction of the signal, since it's probably used a bunch of algorithms to get it. Then, instead of going for the suggested 18 pip gain, I just use a 5 pip limit. I then forget about money management, and dump my entire margin in.

Well whaddya know. 42% gain in a day. 10 trades out of 10. Made $13,000 off $31,000. Not my best return (I'd made 180% before remember - but that was with not much of a system. AND I'd lost it too), but really my best return off a systematic technique.

It's an incredibly risky technique cos there's absolutely no money management. And I do not have a recovery strategy cos I go all in. RR is about 10:1. Which is about 40% of my account.

But well. Since we're trying this out for a year, let's see where it goes again! Trade safe.

Yours,

X

No comments:

Post a Comment